Today I wanted to talk more specifically about the vitamins and phytonutrients found in citrus extracts and why adding them to your shea butter skincare is a powerful arsenal against anti-aging.
Mother nature as a way of taking care of itself with special built-in defense mechanisms. Take the case of a lemon for example. A lemon has to deal with some of the same problems that we have to in life-free radicals, bacteria, fungus, viruses, and various diseases. The lemons defense package is comprised of almost 200 plant compounds
Called phytonutirents that protect the lemon and help it to win the war against disease and stress.
Here are some of the functions of phytonutrients:
- Neutralize free radicals (Decreases wrinkles caused by free radicals)
- Decrease inflammation (Soothes red, irritated, inflamed skin)
- Enhance cell to cell communication (Enhancing exfoliation to reveal younger skin)
- Cause cancer cells to die (May be a good preventative for those who are susceptible)
- Detoxify tissues (Helps to clarify and decongest pores)
- Repair DNA damage (Smoothes fine lines and wrinkles)
The abundant amount of phytonutrients act as a powerful ally to help maintain beautiful skin.
Purely Shea – The Leader in Organic Shea Butter Skincare