Are your natural skin care and organic beauty products sustainable? Here at Purely Shea - The Leader in Organic Shea Butter Skincare we believe and uphold the standards of sustainable living.
You may be asking yourself, what is sustainability? Well, the U.K. government defines it as :
“Sustainable development is a very simple idea. It is about ensuring a better quality of life for everyone, now and for generations to come." - Opportunities for Change, Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions, 1998.
How Is Purely Shea Unrefined Certified Organic Shea Butter Sustainable?
Think about the following.
- Nothing is wasted from the shea nut - as well as its use in cosmetics, the shell is used as fuel, and the oil for cooking
- Shea nuts are a readily available natural resource and are harvested by local people.
- The women shea breakers work locally, collecting nuts and extracting kernels at the same time as looking after their children and homes.
- The shea but tree is vital as a source of income for local people.
- The status and influence of women has been significantly improved as a result of their involvement in producing shea butter
- Trade has increased the importance of shea butter and its conservation has become more important.
Sustainable natural skin care and organic skin care is good for us, the environment and for generations to come. Sustainable development is about improving quality of life by integrating three factors: Economic development, Environmental protection, and Social responsibility. Shea Butter is a wonderfully sustaiable product! How do your other natural beauty products measure?
Purely Shea - The Leader in Organic Shea Butter